March 13, 2009

Wireless Charging via PowerMat

We have officially moved to a new permanent address, www.PoweredByNerd.com! Please check there for the latest hacks, tech, and projects!

Jeff (The Brown-Eyed Albino)





Tired of plugging and unplugging your gadgets? It's a hassle to remember to charge everything, and if you're like me, all of those cables and power strips take a heck of alot of space. Personally, I'm sick of it. Thankfully, someone else had the same issue, but brought a solution to the public: The PowerMat. PowerMat, which is said to arrive In-Store this Fall (2009), has the ability to charge your electronics Wirelessy. That's right, wireless. Utilizing magnetic induction, it can charge your toys simply by placing them on the mat. Boasting one plug simplicity, and charges up to six devices simultaneously, I'm freaking excited!
It's to be released in five flavors:

Home/Modular: 4-6 Wireless Charging Pads, and 1 USB Port.
Bedside: 3 Wireless Charging Pads, 1 USB Port, and a fancy clock!
Desk: 3 Wireless Charging Pads, 1 USB Port, and appears to have a pen holder.
Travel: 3 Wireless Charging Pads, 1 USB Port, and appears to be foldable. It is the travel model, after all..
PC+: 1 Laptop Charging Pad, 2 Wireless Charging Pads, and 1 USB Port.

With all of that said, I'd get the Home/Modular version. That is, unless it can't charge a laptop, which would be slightly ridiculous. Please note that it's only shown charging a laptop on the PC+ model.

My only problem with this, is that your devices have to be adjusted to work with it, which is understandable, but tedious and expensive. For your iPhone/iPod, you'll need to buy a new dock, or case. You'll also need a case for Blackberry and Motorola phones, but they don't have them for all models. For most products though, you'll need to purchase a PowerDisc, which sits on the PowerMat, then plugs into your device.

Last word is that Wireless Charging isn't exactly useful, but these mats might save some space. But heck, I'd rip it apart, and stick it into a Jacob's Ladder. Geeky charging with 15kV!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good morning bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking for that exact brand. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are around 310 pounds on every site. But finally I set this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good evening everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been digging allowing for regarding that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers were around 180 pounds on every page. But completely I found this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hi everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching as far as something that exact brand. The prices due to the fact that the boots were approximately 350 bucks everwhere. But definitively I found this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hi there ppl. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging for that meticulous make. The prices seeking the sneakers were approximately 200 bucks on every site. But finally I set this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what can you say about it?